Friday, August 24, 2012

Reclining Bound Angle Pose

I ended up going back to Day Yoga Studio (on Brown Street, located on the University of Dayton campus) yesterday for a 75-min Gentle Yoga class. I decided to go ahead and buy a month-long pass to the studio because they are closest to me and their schedule works well with mine. I would still like to try out the other studio in the Oregon District and maybe I will get a quarterly pass to that studio next month! Gentle Yoga was great and left me feeling totally peaceful and relaxed. A highlight of class was holding supta baddha konasana (reclining bound angle pose) for about 5 minutes. I had never done this pose before and modified it by laying on a bolster (no props under my legs and no strap pulling my ankles in) and it was an intense 5 minutes!
(source)

Holy cow! I have always had tight inner thigh/groin area but that really showed me just how tight I really am there. I need to do that stretch daily...my life will never be the same!

I didn't realize it yesterday when I bought the pass, but the studio has no classes on Fridays. They do offer a few on Saturday mornings though so I have taken it easy tonight in order to be up and ready tomorrow morning for a 9:00 Yoga Flow class! I am excited to get my sweat on. Not quite ready to try hot yoga yet...

Today was uneventful other than that. I did score my first maxi dress ever from The Gap - originally $69 marked down to $19.99 plus an additional 25% off today only...so with tax only about $16! I am planning to wear it tomorrow to Kirstin and Chad's house for their mexican-themed gathering. Ayyayayay! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment