Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Review {8.27.2012}

Greetings, Monday! This was a fun weekend!

We kept Friday night pretty low-key. Eric and I used up a gift card to Longhorn Steakhouse (neither of us had ever been before that we could remember...) and then stayed in the rest of the night. I stayed up and caught up on blog reading while Eric crashed early after his 4:30am wake-ups all week.

Saturday morning started with a 9am yoga class (felt great for the shoulders+hips) and then was pretty uneventful the rest of the morning/afternoon. I made chicken posole soup for a Mexican potluck hosted by my sister and her husband (Kirstin and Chad) and packed it up for the drive to Columbus. We left for Columbus and had a great time at the party (margarita jello shots were involved courtesy of my mom!) and then headed back home totally exhausted on Saturday night!

Yesterday we went to mass at Holy Angels (on the University of Dayton campus) and then I took Parker to Petsmart for his first paw-dicure. They used a little dremel-like device to grind down his nails so now he can sit on our wood floors again without sliding down slowly. He was a champ about it and I rewarded him with a hike in the heat at Sugarcreek Reserve. It was a fun time and I even let him get in the mud a little bit. He doesn't seem to be a water dog but maybe he just wasn't in the mood yesterday! After that adventure, we came back home and headed over to my in-laws house for Sunday night dinner. We took Parker and he ate up all of the attention from the family. My sister-in-law, Megan, is moving to Atlanta today for her first post-grad job so we all said our goodbyes last night. It was bittersweet but lots of fun, as always.

Lots of partying this weekend, and the scale reflected it this morning! Up 2.1 pounds from my newest "normal" so I'm drinking lots of water and reigning it in today. I am planning on taking an advanced Yoga Flow class tonight at 6:00pm so hopefully that will help me to get it in gear!

Any tips for pressing "reset" after an indulgent weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment