Thursday, May 24, 2012

Big Changes

Hello! Happy Thursday! We've almost reached the weekend and I am definitely looking forward to three days away from the office! I have a big announcement to make today, so here goes nothing:

Drum roll, please?

(source)


This week I received and accepted an offer for an assistantship to Wright State University in the Master's of Public Administration Program. That's right! I am going back to school! This is also the same university where Eric will be starting medical school, so we will be moving to Dayton, Ohio at the end of July to be college co-eds once more. I am hopeful that in taking this step, I will be able to apply the problem solving tools I learned in my engineering studies and career to non-profit organizations and people in need. I think there is a lot of room for technical minds in the humanities, and I am so excited to join the ranks! I am also very excited by the idea of incorporating volunteer work and interaction with those less-fortunate on a daily basis, and to have a career that fulfills and challenges me both mentally and emotionally.



I've spent a long time thinking about and planning this next step in my journey and I have to say that I experience excitement, nervousness, anxiety, hope, and so many more emotions every time I think about my new career. Above all of these emotions, I am most grateful for the opportunity to make this next step and for the support and love that my family and friends have shown me during the last few months. I have a lot more to say about this topic, and I have barely started the transition, so I am hoping to break this journey into little pieces and document it in a blog series. Stay tuned for more, and please let me know if there's anything you'd like to know more about!

Q&A:
Have you ever considered a career change? Did you go through with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment