Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Brushing Up: Spanish 101

I used to be really into the Spanish language and learning about the people, the cultures, and the environments of Spanish-speaking folk. However, as school+life slowly took over my free time, I have lost a little (a LOT) of my comfort and vocabulary in speaking the language. So! This feature will be a short vocab lesson on new words that I am trying to bring back into my vocab! And studies show that you remember vocabulary much better when you write it down and use it in a sentence than when you simply read it a few times…so without furthur ado…
Let’s get started! (Vamonos!)
brindar – to drink  a toast, to offer. Ex: Me gustari’a brindar a la salud de mi hermana y su esposo nuevo.(I would like to offer a toast to the health of my sister and her new husband.)
aprender – to learn. Ex: En la escuela, yo apriendo hablar espanol.(In school, I learn how to speak spanish.)
exitoso – successful. Ex: Un di’a, yo espero tener un negocio exitoso. (One day, I hope to own a successful business.)

No comments:

Post a Comment