Thursday, May 17, 2012

Taking It Easy

I have a confession: I'm having a really hard time working out this week. I'm not sure if the weird back pain I've been having is the culprit, or the post-vacation lull of this week, but one way or another...I'm doing a whole lot of laying on the couch. I've noticed that weeks like these enter into my workout schedules somewhat often: maybe once every two months or so. Although it is hard not to start criticizing myself for feeling so...bleh, I really am starting to believe that the best way to conquer the slump is to let myself really feel the lack of energy and to take the hint that my body just isn't feeling it this week. I am hoping that by not pushing it, I will ultimately get back in to my fitness routine sooner. For me, taking it easy looks like gentle yoga, leisurely walks, and light stretching instead of high intensity speed workouts and loads of sweat. Having said that, I think Eric and I are continuing the low key theme tonight and taking a nature walk after we both get home from work. It is 60-ish degrees today and so beautiful outside...and I'd like nothing more than to enjoy it! So here's to taking it easy!



In other news...if you live near a Dunkin' Donuts...I highly recommend stopping in and trying a turtle iced coffee...holy cow! Definitely not an every day occurrance (especially during an exercise slump!) but an awesome summer treat! I would take this over an ice cream sundae anyday..and I love ice cream!


I'm off for now...have a great afternoon! Enjoy this wonderful weather if you're able!

No comments:

Post a Comment